The value of a burn injury case depends on many factors:
- Severity of the burn – Is it a first, second, third or fourth degree burn?
- Size of the burn – How large is the affected area? Will there be permanent scarring?
- Location – Where is the burn located? Is it on ones’ face or some other prominent part of their body? Does it interfere with aesthetic appearance, as well as their functioning; I.e., impacting their ability to be effective in the marketplace and socially? (*Harvard Study).
- Relationship Status – Is the victim single or married?
- Intent or Circumstance – Was the burn a result of malicious or reckless conduct, as opposed to an accident or negligence?
All of these factors are important in assessing the value of your case.