Todd P. Emanuel
Redwood City Office – (650) 369-8900
San Francisco Office – (415) 399-1112
San Jose Office – (408) 943-8833
Oakland Office – (510) 839-1881
San Mateo County Injury Attorney Todd P. Emanuel is the managing partner of the firm. Todd has been given the honor of being selected as a “Northern California Superlawyer” eight years in a row from 2009 through 2017 based on peer recognition and great achievements in representing personal injury plaintiffs. Todd was recently nominated for consideration as the Consumer Attorney of the Year. In 2012, Mr. Emanuel served as President of the San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association and as a member of the Board of Governors of Consumer Attorneys of California and has been recognized by the National Trial Lawyers as a “Top 100 trial lawyer.”
His most recent significant trial was Fua v. Yellow Cab Cooperative, Inc. Our client was an unrestrained passenger in a taxi cab. The driver crashed and our client sustained left-sided hemi-paresis and a traumatic brain injury (TBI). Yellow Cab claimed it was not responsible because its driver was an independent contractor and our client failed to wear a seat belt. After a six week trial, a San Francisco jury found Yellow Cab liable and awarded our client more than $8,000,000.00.
In February of 2016, Mr. Emanuel won a jury verdict in Sacramento County (Doe v. Okoro) for a victim of sexual assault and gender violence. This was yet another victory against a perpetrator who was never even arrested by the police.
Mr. Emanuel started his legal career developing his courtroom skills as a criminal prosecutor and defense attorney. In 1996 he started his own law firm which is now exclusively dedicated to representing plaintiffs in cases of personal injury and wrongful death. The firm, which now consists of five excellent lawyers, has collected millions of dollars on behalf of deserving victims through pre-litigation negotiation, litigation, alternative dispute resolution, and trial.
In addition to helping persons injured or killed in accidents, Mr. Emanuel has become known for his successful representation of police officers (injured both on duty and off duty) and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault and rape. He has won substantial settlements and verdicts for crime victims even where their assailants were never criminally prosecuted.
Mr. Emanuel serves on the Advisory Board of WOMEN (Women of Means Escape Network- Silicon Valley), an organization devoted to helping domestic violence survivors. (See losaltoscf.org.) EMANUEL LAW GROUP actively supports “CORA” (Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse).
Mr. Emanuel prides himself on delivering justice and closure to his clients by achieving favorable settlements and verdicts. His extensive trial experience is respected by opposing counsel. Maintaining a smaller law firm and a selective caseload allows Mr. Emanuel to regularly communicate with our clients and to fully engage himself in the detailed preparation of important cases.
- J.D., University of San Francisco, 1993
- Taught “Street Law” for troubled youth, worked for State of California
- Attorney General’s Office, San Mateo County Superior Court, Santa
- Clara County District Attorney, Santa Clara County Public Defender
- B.S., Psychology, University of California, Berkeley, 1990
- University of California Boxing Team
- University of Southern California, 1986-1988
Jurisdictions Admitted To Practice
- California, 1993
- Federal District Court, Northern District of California, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1993
Professional Memberships and Sponsorships
- State Bar of California
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Brain Injury Litigation Network
- San Mateo County Trial Lawyers Association (Past-President)
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Santa Clara County Psychological Association
- National Crime Victim Bar Association, Child Sex Abuse Section
- National Alliance of Victims’ Rights Attorneys & Advocates
- American Bar Association Commission on Domestic & Sexual Violence (listserv member and past presenter)
- Women of Means Escape Network
- Peninsula Velo Cycling
- 2/13/2017 American Bar Association “Beyond a Protection Order: Tort Law Litigation for Victims of Domestic & Sexual Violence”
- 10/3/2014 Santa Clara County Domestic Violence Conference.
Read our firm overview.