Important facts about motorcycle accidents:
- Last year an estimated 5,010 bikers were killed in crashes nationwide.
- This was the worst death toll in seven years.
- This is a single-year increase in motorcycle fatalities of 10%.
- The fatality rate for motorcycle accidents is 26 times higher than that for other vehicles.
- Motorcycle helmets cut the risk of dying in a motorcycle accident by 37 percent.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimated that, for the year 2013, more than 700 fatalities could have been prevented if all motorcyclists had worn helmets.
Before you ride, please put on your helmet. Your life may depend on it.