San Mateo County Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Whether it involves a kid chasing a ball into a residential street or a healthy adult in a downtown crosswalk, pedestrian accidents caused by careless drivers are likely to present serious or disabling injuries, if not a fatality. If you or someone in your family has been struck by an automobile, contact San Mateo County pedestrian injury accident attorney Todd Emanuel for a free initial consultation about your case.
We can represent you in pedestrian accidents involving situations such as the following:
- pedestrian was not crossing at an intersection
- pedestrian was not in a marked crosswalk
- child pedestrian darted into the street
- pedestrian was struck in a parking lot or garage
- San Francisco pedestrian accident lawyer Todd Emanuel also represents persons injured in motor vehicle accidents involving rollerblades, skateboards, sidewalk scooters, strollers, and other devices.
Although pedestrians are favored under California law, it’s not always easy to make a full recovery in a civil action for damages against a negligent motorist. The nature, extent, and duration of an injury are nearly always contested vigorously in any personal injury lawsuit. In cases involving pedestrians, the defendant will frequently argue that the accident was caused by the injured pedestrian’s own inattention or negligence, for example, by walking outside the crosswalk or disregarding a “Don’t Walk” signal.
San Mateo-Santa Clara County pedestrian injury lawyer Todd Emanuel’s comprehensive knowledge of California negligence law and effective civil trial techniques can help your claim overcome these hurdles.
For additional information and a free consultation, contact the Emanuel Law Group at our San Mateo County office in Redwood City, or in one of our other locations throughout the Bay Area. We want to hear from you.